Thinking of applying for ALPHA, but not sure how to get started?
We’re fortunate to count some of the world’s most exciting startups as ALPHA alumni. To help you get ready before your call they’ve shared top 10 tips from their experience.
Before you do anything else…
There are no other words for it.
1. All the great startups can describe their product in a sentence – can you?
2. Passion matters, let it shine through.
We’re a startup ourselves, and want to learn about how it all began for you. What gets you out of bed each morning?
3. Relax, it’s a conversation, not an interrogation.
We’ve enjoyed having startups like Algolia, Branch Metrics and MailJet return to our events each year. We’re building fantastic relationships with promising startups, and it all begins with a phone call.
4. The best new ideas are often the craziest new ideas.
Don’t worry if you think people don’t get it. We’re about as open minded a group as you’ll get.
5. Market knowledge + passion is worth 3x passion alone.
Really let that shine through.
6. It’s okay if you don’t know where your startup will be in three years.
The truth is not even the best investors know. Don’t fret. Focus on the next six months, and think about how RISE might help you out.
7. It helps if you have customers or early users who are advocates of your product.
But it’s okay if you don’t just yet.
8. Again, be clear on your short term objectives.
9. It’s not all about you.
Tell us about your team or co-founders.
10. We’ll be in touch to book a time, and chat over Skype.
What is ALPHA?Each week we select early stage startups from around the world to exhibit as part of ALPHA.
Startups selected for ALPHA get an exhibition stand, 4 tickets, opportunity to access Investor Office Hours, Mentor Hours, Startup University, Startup Workshops, Startup Roundtables and much more.
Join us at RISE. Apply for ALPHA.